As we enter the third year of the coronavirus pandemic, the concept of a dream wedding has been redefined along with bridal fashion, although travel lockdowns and restrictions have been lifted. Given our recent brush with the uncertainties that have even dominated the wedding ecosystem, couples are now opting for new age wedding formats such as turn-based weddings where guests are invited in batches or hybrid/intimate weddings while brides-to-be they are seen abandoning the traditional red lehenga and want their trousseau to be light as air, they want to be able to wear a blouse, a dupatta or a saree again and again.
Millennial brides have a big role to play in redefining this new wave of Indian bridal fashion, as their inclusive and thoughtful nature has transformed and their convenience and comfort have opened doors for style innovations. The fashion industry has undergone a complete overhaul during these two years of Covid-19 lockdown and now, the way we dress has changed dramatically and style experts claim that fashion that can be used for multiple purposes is here to stay, even in the time to choose clothes for the wedding day.
As trends are always changing with time and constant experimentation as brides-to-be are creating their own styles and embracing change, Aaliya Deeba, founder of Ideebs London, lists the new bridal suit trends:
1. Dramatic Trails – Drama trails will mostly hit top trends in the year 2022. Many designers and brides have shown a positive response to dramatic trails where the sweeping lehenga trail captures attention and trail length no matter how long it represents the perfect queen vibe for a bridal suit.
2. Pastels and floral embroidery – The trend of pastel and floral embroidery has been in fashion for a few years now and continues. The bridal suit designs filled with pastels and floral embroidery make you look stunning and gorgeous on your wedding day.
3. Maximalist sets reign supreme – In terms of wedding, Indian brides tend to opt for maximalist designs, unlike western countries that believe in minimalism. The reign of supremacy in Indian weddings is portrayed in the wedding theme, in the jewelry worn by the brides, in the dupatta with the bridal suit, in the heavy embroidery designs of the lehenga and the like.
4. Anarkali silhouette – The Anarkali silhouette has been quite popular in bridesmaid attire and is now an upcoming trend in bridal attire where designers have introduced lehenga designs with a sheer top, asymmetrical hems and tea length. This Anarkali silhouette can also be customized, as the style of the lehenga can be enhanced with a cancan (net) look or an umbrella cut while maintaining the look of the Anarkali silhouette.
4. The glow stays strong – Shimmer is a trend that is still going strong in terms of popularity. Many designers and brides are still opting for sparkles in their bridal attire consisting of at least one of the glitter works like sequins, mirror and metallic. Shimmer is one of the hottest trends as the bridal attire shine makes the wedding day shine.
5. Deep V-neck – The trend of deep v-neck blouses has been trending since 2019 and it is still one of the favorite outfits to wear as brides can style the deep v-neck blouses with any skirt or lehenga to their liking.
6. Exciting color combinations – Indian weddings have been keeping an eye on colors as different colors have different attribution in the wedding process, however, with changing times and trends, many Indian brides have shown interest in color combinations such as mint green and baby pink, yellow and marmalade and the like. most exciting color combinations.
So if you’re a bride and you like to keep up with trends, these looks will help you make unique twists on the classics.